Sunday, April 10, 2011

FOTD



Creating this look I used mostly E.l.f products and Sigma brushes.

Lately I have been using Elf Mineral Concealer and I have fallen in Love.
Before I wondered if mineral makeup really could cover my skin imperfections.
Never wanted to try if because of the price, I mean what if I dont like it...
But with Elf that all changed. It's not expencive.


 I want to show you before and after pictures of my face so
that you can see how it works. Warning sensitive viewers about
the horror picture of my "before" face.

FACE
But first the products I used on my face:
Of Course I used a moisturizer and that was L'oréal Happyderm.
After that I primed my face with Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer.


Face products in the order they are used

Then it is time for the Elf Mineral Concealer in Fair. I buff it in using
Sigmas Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki - F80. For spot treatment, such as
my under eye circles, I use Sigma Concealer - F70. The Elf Mineral
Foundation in Fair I use on the edges of my face to give it definition

Brushes in the order they were used
(Sigma Synthetic Face Kit
Sigma Make me Cool - Aqua Kit)

With Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki - F84 I pick up Elf Mineral Blush
in Bliss and place it in the hollows of my cheeks. I use the same brush to apply
Elf Mineral Blush in Joy to the apples of my cheeks. As a highlight I  used
W7 Duo Blusher in 02 the lighter shade with Sigma Large angled Contour - F40


Now for the Before and After Pictures

Before

As you can see I have an uneven skintone with red spots
and dark purple under eye circles and horrible pores.


After

 I just love it how the Mineral Powder takes care of all my problems
with out feeling like I have a ton of makeup on. It still looks like
my skin just without the horrible things I wanted away.




EYES
I primed my eyes with Elf Mineral Eyelid Primer. As a base I used Elf Cream
Eyeliner in Ivory, I applied it with Sigma Small Angle - E65. Using Sigma Large
Shader - E60 I applied Elf Mineral eyeshadow in Innocent (lovely matte shade)
under my eye brow.  I packed my lid with NYX Chrome Eye Shadow in Keylime
with Sigma Eye Shading - E55As a crease color I used Make Up Stores
Eyedust in Amazon using Sigma Medium Angled Shading - E70.
Blended all that with Sigma Tapered Blending - E40.

Primer and Eyeshades

I lined my waterline with Elf Eye Widener, not really much pigment coming
out of that one. My lower lid I lined with Elf Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Grassy Green.
And over that I applied Make Up Store Eyedust in Splash with Sigma Pencil - E30.
In the inner corner of my eye I used Elf Mineral Eyeshadow in the shade Angelic 
just using an old brush I got from I don't know where.

Liners, Mascara and Brow

I curled my lashes. I always curl my lashes before I line them.
Then I lined my upper lid with Elf Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Plum Passion
and put the purple shade from Elf Beauty Encyclopedia Sparkle Eye Edition
on top with Sigma Eyeliner - E05. And did a thin line with Elf WaterproofEyeliner Pen.
Filled in my Eyebrows with Elf Eyebrow Kit in Dark. IsaDora Clear Mascara helps my
brows to stay in place. And I coated my lashes with Maybelline Volum' Express.


Brushes - Mostly Sigma Make Me Cool - Aqua kit

LIPS
Elf Lip Lock all over my lips. Lined and filled them in with Constance
Carroll Lip Liner in Paprika. Mixed Elf Lip Stain in Birthday Suit and Red Carpet.
For gloss I used Nivea Lip Care - Caregloss & shine





And that is a "Piece of Pie" - Thank you for reading! - Feel free to comment.

All pictures taken in daylight
All products bought by me

11 comments:

  1. Wow, i love the eye, its like petrol rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing the e.l.f. mineral stuff. Is the fairest foundation too dark for you too? I've read, that fair skinned people use the fairest concealer as foundation because it's actually the lightest product of the entire line...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Klayer.
    You are welcome LiisK. And yes I'm using the concealer, the foundation is a bit too yellow. I have not tried blending the 2 products yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful FOTD.
    I like how the purple and the green match together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Valerie.
    As I have green eyes I wanted an other color close to my lashes that is not green. In an atempt to make my eyes pop.
    THis looked way much better in real tho

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put on your makeup very beautiful. I like elf too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you/Tack så mycket Helen

    Elf is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I have a lot of ELF mineral eyeshadows, but haven't quite got the knack of blending yet.. i think I over blend and everything ends up as a dark mess.. I'm going to stick to nails for now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @TrixDemon I love the elf mineral eyeshadows and they have good pigmentation so you only need a little amount. And make sure you have clean brushes. I have messed up my eyemakeup with brushes that are not clean, I've been blending black or something... I find the Elf brush cleaner is a good quick fix inbetween washes.
    Don't give up, you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I've seen about million eye makeups and I love this one of yours the most!
    What amazing colors! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But please do NOT post links in your comments unless I ask you to. If you want me to follow your blog or enter a Giveaway please write me an email about it. Email found in Contact tab. - Thank you!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...