Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Day in Stockholm


 Today is a special day for me and my husband.
It is our 2 year wedding anniversary.

I have not been feeling well for the past few days
so we did not go out to eat or anything like that.

Stockholm Waterfront Gongress Centre

We decided to go "Sight seeing" in our own city - Stockholm.
We went past this cool building - Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre.

City Hall
Entrance to City Hall

And we ended up at City Hall and the lovely park they have at the waterfront.
With the sun shining and the love of your life on your side
what can go wrong in a setting like this? - Nothing!

City Hall Park
City Hall Park
City Hall Park

Good thing that I had already surprised my Love on Friday.
I just told my husband that we need to go to my mothers place
to help out with spring cleaning outside, and that my whole family
would be there. And we did go there to clear out old junk.


What my husband did not know is that I had asked one of my sisters
to bake a cake (turns out she did 3 - yay). And my brother bought some "bubbly".
And my husband did not know any of this. He was really surprised.


Chocolate with Raspberries

This cake with lime was the best

An other chocolate cake

 That week had been so grey and gloomy. But on Friday
the sun came out and it got nice and warm so we all had a
great time cleaning and fixing and eating cake.

Cherry Tree


Have you been to Stockholm?

And you have to ask for the recepies for the cakes if you want them.

And that is a "Piece of Pie" - Thank you for reading!
__  __  __

City Hall - The famous building

The City Hall of Stockholm is one of the most well known
buildings in Sweden and the most exclusive ballroom in Stockholm,
frequently used for e.g. the yearly Nobel Banquet. 

The City Hall is known for its hospitality, its unique art treasures,
magnificent banquettes and an intriguing history attracting close to 400,000 visitors a year.


Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre

Uniquely situated in the heart of Stockholm
right next to the harbour and central station.

Our venue will accomodate up to 3000 delegates
with a variety of rooms and halls, combining modern comfort
with the very latest technology.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures...I would love to travel there! Hopefully someday I will =) and those cakes....Oh my, they look so yummy!!!

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'd love the recepie for the cakes! My email is: jessica@ljunglof.se

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this post had comments. And now they are gone...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But please do NOT post links in your comments unless I ask you to. If you want me to follow your blog or enter a Giveaway please write me an email about it. Email found in Contact tab. - Thank you!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...