Sunday, October 2, 2011

ELF - Eye Transformer and Shimmer Palette

I have added a new way for you to follow my blog.
It is throught Networked Blogs.
The gadget is in the right column/sidebar.

I should have posted about this ages ago.
But then summer came and what not.
And I have a lot more elf stuff to show you if you want to see.

Todays post is about the elf Eye transformer and Shimmer palette.


Eye Transformer

Elf says:
Eye Transformer
Convert your shadows into brand new shades with these four opalescent shadows.
Wear alone, under, over or in combination with your other makeup. The opal tones
transform your dark color into a new shimmering hue.

Directions
Wear alone or in combination with your favorite eyeshadow or liner color
to transform the shade. Simply blend in with other color to create your unique hue.
Net weight: 0.353oz (10g)

Shimmer Palette

Elf says:
Shimmer Palette
The weightless and creamy shimmers instantly illuminate the eyes, lips, and face.
Gives skin a healthy and natural glow. Mix and match colors to create your unique look.

Directions
Apply a dab of the shimmer to desired location and blend in.
Colors can be worn alone or as a base for your other makeup.
Net weight: 0.198oz (5.6g)

Keep reading if you want to know what I think and if you want to see swatches.

The Eye Transformer has 4 shades.They are Green, Peach, Pink and Lavender.
I have not used this as an eye transformer but as a highlighter (Not green).
Becauase this is exactly what I have been looking for in a highlighter.
I don't want shimmer. I want sheen (Not Charlie). And this is it.

Eye Transformer - Green and peach
Eye Transformer - Peach and Pink    Transformer - Pink and Lavender

So why don't I use the Shimmer Palette as highlighter?
I don't know. Maybe because it is creams. They feel a bit slippery and oily.
So that makes me think that they will just melt off my face somehow.
I like the Eye Transformer so much as a highlighter that I have not used this at all.
I just don't see me using the Shimmer Palette. All I did was swatch it
and after that I have not touched it.
Shimmer Palette - White and Coral

Shimmer - Coral and Nude            Shimmer - Nude and Pink


I swatched both of the Palettes for you. First on my nude hand. No primers.
Packed it on for you to see something. At least I tried.
But the beautiful sheen they have is not really visible.
You might see different tones on the top row.
But the bottom row is basically the same shade.

Top: Eye Transformer
Bottom: Shimmer Palette

Then I swatched both the Eye Transformer and the Shimmer Palettes
over black eyeliner pencil. And here is where you can see what the Transformer
shades really can do. And the colors from the shimmer palette don't really
do much at all. They don' change the black eyeliner pencil.

Top: Eye Transformer on black eyeliner
Bottom: Shimmer on black eyeliner

Eye Transformer on black eyeliner
Shimmer on black eyeliner

So what do I think?
If you are looking for highlighter, get the Eye Transformer.
You can use atleast two of the shads as highlighter
and all of them as eyeshadow Transformers.
That way you get both and save a little money!

When I post about elf next time, what would you like to see?
Something for the eyes, face, lips, cheeks or maybe some brushes?
I might even have a couple of Nail Polishes from elf that I have not shown.
Let me know in the comments.

Untill next time have a great Sunday!
__  __  __

And that is a "Piece of Pie" - Thank you for reading!

3 comments:

  1. interesting :) thanks for posting ^^
    http://idapie.blogspot.com/2011/10/elf-eye-transformer-and-shimmer-palette.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! will definitely be getting the transformer palette :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...