Saturday, December 13, 2014

"Winterize” your nails!


Trending nail polish colors for this winter.


Check out more Nailpolish colors on Julep


I like to keep it simple when I "winterize" my nails.

First off I always start with clean nails and hands. Doing this after a shower or
a bath is ideal. But it works fine with a long handwash with warm water and soap.

A nailbrush works for some, but I like to soak my nails in a bowl with warm water
(just enough to cover the nails) and anywhere from 1 TSP to 1 TBSP of lemon added
to it (Find out what works for you). The acidity of the lemon makes the nails whiter.
And it also loosens any muck you might have going on under the nail.

An orange wood stick (or cuticle pusher) is great to scrape off any of the much
that is stuck under your nails and of course to gently push back your cuticlesMake
sure your orange wood stick is clean when you go about doing your cuticles though.

If my cuticles are dry I like to use a Cuticle stone to remove any dry cuticles.
It also removes build-up from the nails.

Rinse your hands.

If my nails need shaping or shortening this is the time
to take out the file and buffer and get going. Don't over-do it
with the buffer or your nails could get really thin.

Applying nail polish is optional, and you can use any color you like. For best
result use a base coat. Apply 2 coats of your favorite nail polish and seal it all
with top coat. Put your nails in Ice water to dry the polish faster.

Apply a moisturizer. To get the blood going and flowing to your nails,
(after the "ice bath") rub and massage the nails, cuticles and fingers. It's good
for the nails and you get warmer hands - a Bonus in cold winter times.

My hands get really dry when it is cold outside so I really like to apply
generously of a really creamy moisturizing hand cream before I go to sleep
so that my hands are really soft and hydrated when I wake up.



How do you go about "Winterizing" your nails and hands?

__ __ __

And that's a "Piece of Pie"

2 comments:

  1. This post contains useful information which helps us a lot. I have never seen such a great post. your wonderful post can inspire a lot and helps us.
    Ivanica

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...