Sunday, June 3, 2012

A thing for gradients - NOTD

After my last Sponged Gradient - NOTD I got a thing for gradient
nails. So I just had to do one that would go with an outfit of mine.
The Catrice polish was a very close match to a bag I have and the
faded color of the sponged Orly was the same as a tunic of mine.
I'm not an OOTD kind of girl so I don't have pictures of that. Sorry!


I used 2 or 3 coats of Catrice - 240 Sold Out For Ever as the
base color and then sponged on Orly - Le Chateau on the tip of
the nails. I did the manicure matte with ELF - Matte Finisher.


After a couple of days I wanted to try out gradient stamping on
my gradient nails. I used Konad - Silver and Deep Jungle Pearl
and chose a dot image from the Drikk Image Plate - DRK-A.


To get the gradient I applied the Konad Silver on half of the image
and Deep Jungle Pearl on the other half. Then I swiped with the scraper
a few times so that the two colors blended at the middle of the image.
You have to be quick so it don't dry. Then you just stamp as normal.


I liked the gradient more without the stamping, even
though it was cute with the dots. What do you think?

__ __ __


And that's a "Piece of Pie"

14 comments:

  1. I love gradients just think of all the color combo possibilities and they also make great backgrounds for nailart. Love it with the dots too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try water marbling on a gradient

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love it with the stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to try gradient on my nails, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What colors will you go with?

      Delete
    2. I would go for a black-grey gradient on a white base. I would also like a metallic gradient on a black base.

      Delete
    3. I'm liking the metallic idea.

      Delete
  4. That gradient looks so perfect, almost like it was airbrushed - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this gradient! i have both these colors so - totally doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...