Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spectraflair & Silver Holographic Flake

Spectraflair Top Coat

Swatches are 3 coats over black. How opaque it is rather depends
on how much Spectraflair you put in your clear polish. I think it is better
to have a it thin so that you do not mute out the color you apply it over.

Silver Holographic Flake Top Coat & Spectraflair Top Coat

The other swatch is Silver Holographic Flake. I bought
25 grams of Painting Pearls from Custom Painting Pearls,
on ebayNow this is something you use for painting cars.
But they also sell it as Cosmetic Nail Polish Powder.
Silver Holographic Flake & Spectraflair

I would say this is a holographic glitter. I'm thinking it is similar
to: Out the Door Northers Lights - Silver Hologram Top Coat,
China Glaze - Fairy Dust and Cover Girl - City Lights 430 (or the
discontinued Cover Girl - Quicksilver 130). But I can't be sure
as I don't own any of them so I can't make a comparison.
3 coats over black.

Silver Holographic Flake

UPDATE:
I was asked a good question so I thought I would post
it here if anyone else was wondering the same thing.


I want to ask if the Silver Holographic Flake dries to a smooth or gritty finish when you mix it with a clear polish??
ReplyDelete

Replies


  1. The Spectraflair is so fine so that one dries completletely smooth. But the Silver Holographic Flake is a bit gritty. Not like most glitters but a little bit. But I would apply a top coat on it.

Silver Holographic Flake & Spectraflair

Click HERE to see what Wikipedia has to say about SpectraFlair.
__ __ __

And that's a "Piece of Pie"

6 comments:

  1. Humina Humina! they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. When I got them my sisters nagged at me and wanted me to make them top coats. I have 4 sisiters... and one of them has a daughter. And my brothers kid is crasy about nails.

      Delete
  2. I want to ask if the Silver Holographic Flake dries to a smooth or gritty finish when you mix it with a clear polish??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spectraflair is so fine so that one dries completletely smooth. But the Silver Holographic Flake is a bit gritty. Not like most glitters but a little bit. But I would apply a top coat on it.

      Delete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...